If you followed someone tutorial you should complain to its author ;-).

I am not familiar with Mac, but on linux you can do it (in command) this
way:

 export  TESSDATA_PREFIX=/usr/loca/share/

Maybe it is similar on Mac. Try to google how to set environment variable
on Mac.

Zdenko

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAJbzG8zmE1jRMvrvQ8Zi3UW_9LJ0AweM%2BFtZmHWdtKL-m1K74w%40mail.gmail.com.