1. Check the output tif and adjust convert command if needed

2. Depending on your tesseract version you could try -l frk also.

3. Yes, you can get a pdf as output.

Search Github issues, there is a long discussion thread regarding best ways
to create a pdf output.

Look for pdf and invisible pdf.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduUtJfypH_zDxKTkjowxCF0mYc5V8t5_abs2E2z4y_q4Xw%40mail.gmail.com.