Hello everyone,

I have a question about the openCL selection procedure of tesseract:

my output:

[DS] Profile read from file (tesseract_opencl_profile_devices.dat).
[DS] Device[1] 1:Fiji score is 0.202927
[DS] Device[2] 1:Ellesmere score is 1.468799
[DS] Device[3] 1:Ellesmere score is 1.468799
[DS] Device[4] 1:Bonaire score is 1.533776
[DS] Device[5] 1:Tonga score is 0.184236
[DS] Device[6] 0:(null) score is 1.123015
[DS] Selected Device[5]: "Tonga" (OpenCL)

Ugh, this is weird .. why does tesseract take my Tonga instead of my fiji
device?  can I force it to use the fiji?
I understand the ellesmere have lower access times (they 're behind a pcie
switch), but fiji and tonga are both directly connected via a pcie 2.0 X16
bus.  Do we need a better tesseract selection procedure?
If so, I'm quite skilled at opencl, I'd be glad to help!

kind regards,

Janpieter

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/4568b2b8-532d-457c-920b-60407e7b278e%40googlegroups.com.