Hi Shree, just a quick update.

I've now looked into this output tesseract.log further and now understand
how it works and how it will go through different choices and eventually
decides on a "best choice". However the output doesn't explain how it then
decides what has overriding priority on giving the best outcome. The fact
that even after it scours through the "fo" dictionary, it decides on best
choice for this dictionary, immediately it will move onto eng dictionary
and seems to decide to use eng dictionary output because (i'm guessing), it
regards it as more accurate. This means your theory about our custom "fo"
dictionary not being trained to a high enough accuracy level seems to be
correct. Is there any possible way i can train either eng or fo to improve
it's accuracy or override another dictionary on specific characters it's
getting wrong? for example, in our case, the eng.traneddata dictionary
sometimes gets 3's and 5's mixed up and it has a lot of trouble with 4's.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Damon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/6f5c53f8-1e5f-46f5-a452-f7d485ead9c8%40googlegroups.com.