I don't think that would be the case unless your training text is few hundred
megabytes in size...

I am running Tesseract on Ubuntu 18.04 and based a very quick test it turned
out Tesseract on Ubuntu performed better than on Windows in terms of agreement
accuracy (I'm training it for handwritings).

As for the training, it took probably around 5 minutes to complete 2000
iterations for me (each training sample is of ~500 English character long).

Cheers,
Junye

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/03cd783b-6381-4383-9b17-37bb38a33805%40googlegroups.com.