Hi I installed tesseract about one month ago using brew install and I'm now
trying to set up training tool in MacOS Mojave following instructions here:
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Compiling#macos using
homebrew and was having problems one after another.
Currently the bug I'm having is:

*boxchar.cpp:33:10:* *fatal error: *unicode/uchar.h: No such file or
directory

 #include *"unicode/uchar.h"*  // from libicu

Below might be some helpful information for you to help me figure out what
is happening:

when running ./configure CC=gcc-8 CXX=g++-8
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/icu4c/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib, I
got the following result relating to configuration:

checking for lept >= 1.74... yes

checking for libarchive... yes

checking for icu-uc >= 52.1... no

checking for icu-i18n >= 52.1... no

checking for pango >= 1.22.0... yes

checking for cairo... yes

Training tools can be built and installed with:

$ make training

$ sudo make training-install

I'm wondering whether I got the error because icu-uc and icu-i18n are
missing? Are these two related to icu4c? I did install icu4c however. I
also set:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=\
$(brew --prefix)/lib/pkgconfig:\
$(brew --prefix)/opt/libarchive/lib/pkgconfig:\
$(brew --prefix)/opt/icu4c/lib/pkgconfig:\
$(brew --prefix)/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig
./configure

Anybody knows why? Thanks in advance for the help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/041c66dd-7f7e-4ff8-8f85-7845f5926148%40googlegroups.com.