Agreed. Maybe the real solution after all, is to drop the usage of glob,
and go for a portable solution?

This is how I got around it initially. Not the best code though:
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/compare/4.1.0...rhardih:4.1.0-rhardih

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 10:56, 'Stefan Weil' via tesseract-ocr <
tesseract-ocr@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> It's a pity that I did not see this discussion earlier. I understand that
> old Android now builds fine. On the other side, the Appveyor CI build for
> Windows was now broken, and unittest still no longer build. That's not a
> good result. :-(
>
> I therefore suggest to go back to my commit
> <https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/commit/7a2f8d90102b7ce436f1dca96ef4c5cd312307e1>
> which moved fileio.* from training to ccutil. Then conditional compilation
> for Android can be added to fileio.cpp. How should it look like?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/fd6f898f-1603-4af9-97d0-7741c39fb0c4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/fd6f898f-1603-4af9-97d0-7741c39fb0c4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Never fear, Linux is here.