Failed to read is a generic warning from the common file read routine (as
far as I know)

https://github.com/Shreeshrii/tess4training/blob/master/1-makedata.log

shows

=== Constructing LSTM training data ===
Creating new directory ../tesstutorial/engtrain
[Mon Apr 1 08:36:38 UTC 2019] /usr/local/bin/combine_lang_model
--input_unicharset /tmp/eng-2019-04-01.Q4Z/eng.unicharset --script_dir
../langdata --words ../langdata/eng/eng.wordlist --numbers
../langdata/eng/eng.numbers --puncs ../langdata/eng/eng.punc --output_dir
../tesstutorial/engtrain --lang eng
Loaded unicharset of size 111 from file
/tmp/eng-2019-04-01.Q4Z/eng.unicharset
Setting unichar properties
Other case É of é is not in unicharset
Setting script properties
Warning: properties incomplete for index 25 = ~
Config file is optional, continuing...
Failed to read data from: ../langdata/eng/eng.config
Null char=2
Reducing Trie to SquishedDawg