@zdenop:
Yes, because the characters start to show up (get recognized) only after
you run a few thousands of iterations. For me, new characters start to get
recognized only after I run 5000 iterations. At that point, the base model
will be deteriorated terribly. It is now a common knowledge that a
fine-tuning running above 400 iterations highly compromises the base model.
For that, fine-tuning is not effective to add new characters (even if the
guide says that is possible).

Dear Zdenop, I would love to be know if there is a way around it. I am
languishing with tesseract for months now because the default model missed
one important character.