Stas Bekman wrote:
> I think this misleading error is really a bug in Apache:
>
> [Mon Apr 26 15:28:44 2004] [error] server reached MaxClients setting,
> consider raising the MaxClients setting

> It sounds like a one-off bug to me.

the only issue I see is that now both 1.0 and 2.0 environments two servers
by default instead of one, which seems noteworthy I guess.  I can't see the
harm, but when I changed from httpd -X to StartServers 1 I did so with
trepidation.  at the very least I think we should support a way to get back
to a single server if users desire it.  -minclients=0 (so maxclients =
minclients + 1 = 1) not only isn't intuitive, but it doesn't look to be
supported in the code.  maybe a -singleserver option is worth adding, which
would effectively restore everything you propose to undo here?

maybe just calling t_server_log_is_expected() early on is a better idea (if
it's even possible)?

--Geoff