Christopher H. Laco wrote:
but most people won't have this module installed...

Installed, or loaded? I know the httpd.conf defaults to having that module commented out, but the module itself should be around.

Loaded or even available...

Maybe relying on Apache::Session would cover more install scnerios instead. I was trying to avoid writing a custom handler just to accept and toss some cookies in the test environment, but maybe that's better. At least then everyone install should be able to run the A-T cookie test.

I think the same_interp setup will do what you want. e.g. see in modperl-2.0 repository this test couple:

t/response/TestModperl/sameinterp.pm
t/modperl/sameinterp.t