Christopher H. Laco wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

Christopher H. Laco wrote:

OK, not that I've got a clean nmake/nmake test, I'm back on this. I'm going to just start with t/modperl and go from there.

Since these patches will span A-T and modperl, should I send them seperately to both lists, of send both sets to one list of the other?

-=Chris

I've also noticed that some tests in t/modperl simply set their location

    my $location = "/TestModperl__readline";

while other tests use a full uri including the server/port (hostport, now module2url).

Should all of them use the latter method for consistancy sake, or is there a reason for the madness?

Thanks.
-=Chris

Assuming we should always GET/POST/HEAD/UPLOAD to the full host:port/path and not just /path, what about making a more generic path2url($path) that uses config/hostport to create the full url.

Then we can run module2url's path through that and use path2url for the test cases like t/modperl/readline.t that don't set A::TR::module?

As explained in the other reply in this thread, there is no need to complicate things. The relative path works just fine.

Understood. What led me to contimplating those thoughts was the fact that some tests use hostport, and config, and a custom path, but just don't set A::TR::module. If it weren't for that, those test could be slimmed as well.

That's when they use the default port. But that doesn't sound right, since they shouldn't need hostport/config and stuff. Where do you see such a test?

<Baby steps, Chris. Baby steps.>

:)

I should have a set of patches out for modperl/t and A::TR::module2url shortly after a few more distclean/nmake tests.

chris++

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com