On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 16:08 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Just FYI, this will likely be my last post to this thread.
> >
> > I think most people think it's not such a big deal and cannot see
> > why you are so stridently affected by it.
>
> With all due respect, I think that several others, including myself,
> have
> also spoken against it.
>
> Interestingly, on Fedora Forum, it got no comment.  I suspect if it
> hits RHEL, like several other Fedora-isms that get in, it will
> finally aggravate
> people, but by then it will be too late.

It's not really a Fedora-ism. The anaconda developers develop anaconda
as the installer for Fedora and RHEL; if they want a change to be
specific to one or the other, they'd write it that way. By committing
this it's already implicitly part of RHEL 8 or whatever.

> It does nothing but aggravate people.  Is it something we'll deal
> with, along with several other bad (IM less than HO) decisions?
> Yeah, probably.
>
> Does anyone REALLY think this is going to protect one single
> computer?

Presumably yes, or they wouldn't have made the change. Why would you
make the change if you don't think it's going to achieve anything? So,
at least the person who wrote the change and the person who reviewed
it.

> Is there a place to file a protest against it?

That's what you're doing, isn't it? This is a place, and you're
certainly protesting.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey