On 08/08/15 05:42, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 10:22:56AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
What I *can't* find is any reference for the justification usually
cited for the criterion. Several times we mention that there was an
actual case where people downloaded an Alpha or Beta then got confused
because the background was the same as the previous stable release, but
I've been searching for 15 mins and can't find it. This is probably
just because it's a difficult thing to search for, though.

It's worth noting that we used to use considerably more 'striking'
desktop backgrounds than we currently do; the last few releases have
all been fairly subtle variations on the theme of 'abstract shapes in
Fedora blue', really.
Here's a thought: maybe the Fedora background logo GNOME Shell plugin
could detect if running on an Alpha/Beta release (or on Rawhide) and
change appropriately?

Some us fled from GNOME, when GNOME 3 was unleashed!

I now use Mate, and avoid GNOME as much as is practicable.

Cheers,
Gavin