Advice required…

I have four installations of Rawhide. Three of them seem fine,
consistent, and as expected: all packages except the kernel installed
once and up to date – I keep multiple kernels for fairly obvious
reasons.

However one machine has a large number of not fully upgraded packages.
The older package is emboldened by dnf and marked @rawhide. The newer
package is not emboldened and is marked @System. dnf seems entirely
happy that this is a consistent situation with no further action
required. Personally I would suggest that dnf is, well, wrong. As an
example:

ImageMagick.x86_64                             6.9.3.0-
4.fc26                      @rawhide
ImageMagick.x86_64                             6.9.3.0-
5.fc26                      @System

Even on the consistent systems some installed only once from the
rawhide repository are marked @System, I am not sure why, I would have
thought it should be marked @rawhide.

I could manually remove all the old @rawhide packages leaving the up-
to-date @System packages, but this seems wrong on so many fronts.
Sufficiently many that I thought I would become a supplicant here
seeking advice.

I am hoping that someone will show up my ignorance of the
sophistication of dnf and tell me the one liner that allows dnf to fix
everything. My fear is that dnf has just ###### things up and is
incapable of sorting it out.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net