----- Original Message -----

Hey Rakshana,
First of all, Welcome and thanks for showing your interest in Fedora QA.Please
create a FAS account and send a QA group request.

You can start off by testing updates in [http://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/] for
Fedora 24 , Fedora 25 and Fedora 26.  Update testing is where a tester tests a
package and gives out a +1 Karma for PASS and -1 Karma for FAIL. You can go to
bodhi.fedoraproject.org where you can sort the packages with Fedora Releases
and tags viz "pending" & "testing" . You can read much about update testing
here [1]. You can also, use fedora-easy-karma for giving out feedbacks.

We just had a release but you can still test rawhide. In between the release
cycle , you can start with  Release Validation testing. In Release Validation
all you need to do is to check the nightly/TC/RC against certain criteria. For
example, let's take the latest alpha (Fedora 26 Branched 20170513), you can run
test cases which are mentioned [2] and submit your results in the test matrix.

Note that each of the test cases[3] will have "How to test" section which will
have the steps (to be executed sequentially) and if the results match with the
expected results you can mark it as pass by editing the wiki page
{{result|PASS|<fas_username>}} . Always make sure to check for "Associated
release criterion" which can be found on the top of test case page , if your
test case fails you can mark it fail by editing the wiki page
{{result|FAIL|<fas_username>}} and file a bug at RHBZ [4] under Fedora.

 You can always find the ‘current’ validation pages using these addresses:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

For Automation, you can start looking at Taskotron
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Taskotron]
and Open QA[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenQA].

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing
[2]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_26_Branched_20170513.n.0_Installation
[3]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_USB_stick_Live_luc
[4]https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

PS we have a on-boarding call happening very soon , stay tuned to this mailing
list as I will be sending an Poll very soon.
Thanks
//sumantrom