On Tue, 2017-08-08 at 23:45 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 04:24:16PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Is there any chance of running that at, say,
> > > https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs-nextrelease/ instead of a
> > > local instance?
> >
> > I mean, in *theory* we could for sure, it's just yet another
> > maintenance task for someone, and I'm not jumping up to volunteer for
> > it right now...if we could script the update of the instances a bit
> > more (right now one of us has to go into the admin UI and update it
> > manually every milestone), maybe I'd be more inclined :P
>
> Is the maintenance headache in installing and running/updating the
> service, or is it in this milestone updating? If it's the latter, we
> could probably ask Jan to handle it as part of FPgM duties. Would that
> help? (Probably for both the "nextrelease" *and* current app.)

Well kinda both, though adding a second server doesn't add a *huge*
maintenance burden (just a minor annoyance). Rather than just farming
the work off onto someone else, though, it'd be more efficient for
someone (anyone...) to take a bit of time to automate the milestone and
release updates, it shouldn't be *too* crazily difficult to do (though
we'd need to find some kind of way to identify when a milestone release
happens, I guess).

To be clear, if this isn't just an idle thought but a specific request
that "yes, blockerbugs-nextrelease would be an extremely useful thing
for me, please do it", we probably *can* do that. If that's the case,
please file a ticket in fedora-qa pagure and we'll likely get to it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey