On Thu, 2017-08-31 at 12:53 +0000, Ellen OSullivan wrote:
> I was recently laid off from my dev/qa  job effective in Jan -
> company laid off all of QA, felt that developers could do their own
> QA.
> Sigh.
>
> I have been a developer since 1981 and still love code and coding
> automation. I have dabbled in Unix / then Linux but I have been
> mostly paid to work in MS windows.  So as my "second" career I have
> made the decision to work in QA / automation of only Linux systems /
> open source.
>
> I have a lot to learn about Linux but hope to use my QA testing,
> automation skills here wherever I am needed.

Welcome, Ellen, and sorry to hear about your job! (Sounds like your
management could do with some clue adjustment...)

Thanks very much for volunteering. If you send a group membership
request, I'll be happy to sponsor you. I hope the wiki and other self-
introduction threads provide some ideas about where you can get
started, and the thread you started on qa-devel (thanks for that)!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey