On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 19:04 -0700, stan wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 09:23:58 +0800
> Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:
>
> > And how about
> > https://www.windowscentral.com/all-modern-processors-impacted-new-meltdown-and-spectre-exploits
> >
> > ?
>
> My comments were directed at Meltdown (formerly called Kaiser, now
> called kopti). I saw nothing about spectre, so I will have to do more
> research about that.

I'd say focusing on specific exploits/CVEs here is sort of missing the
forest for the trees. This is really a case of an entire optimization
technique being fundamentally vulnerable to exploitation. The details
of what specific exploit variants have been successfully developed so
far are really only an implementation detail, it'd be silly to assume
the ones that have been disclosed so far are all that will ever be
(indeed, RH's disclosure on this explicitly states that there are known
exploits on ppc and s390 which have not yet been given CVEs and catchy
nicknames).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey