----- Original Message -----

Hey Herbert,
Welcome to Fedora QA, It will be great if you apply for qa FAS group.
You can start off by testing updates in [http://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/] for
Fedora 26, Fedora 27, and Fedora 28.  Update testing is where a tester tests a
package and gives out a +1 Karma for PASS and -1 Karma for FAIL. You can go to
bodhi.fedoraproject.org where you can sort the packages with Fedora Releases
and tags viz "pending" & "testing". You can read much about update testing here
[1]. You can also, use fedora-easy-karma for giving out feedbacks.

you can start with  Release Validation testing. In Release Validation all you
need to do is to check the nightly/TC/RC against certain criteria. For example,
let's take the latest compose (Fedora 28 Branched 20180301.n.1), you can run
test cases which are mentioned [2] and submit your results in the test matrix.

Note that each of the test cases[3] will have "How to test" section which will
have the steps (to be executed sequentially) and if the results match with the
expected results you can mark it as pass by editing the wiki page
{{result|PASS|<fas_username>}} . Always make sure to check for "Associated
release criterion" which can be found on the top of test case page, if your
test case fails you can mark it fail by editing the wiki page
{{result|FAIL|<fas_username>}} and file a bug at RHBZ [4] under Fedora.

 You can always find the ‘current’ validation pages using these addresses:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

For Automation, you can start looking at Taskotron
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Taskotron]
and Open QA[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenQA].

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_28_Branched_20180301.n.1_Summary?rd=Test_Results:Current_Summary