On Mon, 2018-03-19 at 09:16 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

[…]
> Glad to know you're being reasonable and proportional in response to
> default configuration change!

On the one hand :-), on the other hand: the current situation means I
have to login to all the computers from the console so as to stop the
automatic suspend. This means I cannot do any non-local reboots.

> You can configure this in the Control Center. Settings / Power /
> Automatic suspend: turn it "off". Now you're done.

No I am not, I'm afraid. I have that set already on all my computers;
these settings only apply once you are logged in to the console.

The problem remains, there must be a GNOMEShell/GDM setting separate
from the user  power setting that applies after a reboot but before a
login. The question is how to change this altered configuration setting
that is nothing to do with the user.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200