I was trying to get a 3rd party utility compiled on F28 and it failed.  I
didn't do
any research or debugging but since it works fine on F27 I'm guessing it
is due to changes in GCC from 7 to 8 which the 3rd party hasn't yet addressed.

But this got me to thinking and looking around and I see that on the
https://gcc.gnu.org/ GCC 8 is termed "Development".  And in an email dated 3/27
about
the status of development it is said:

"The GCC 8 trunk is open for regression and documentation fixes.  Following
past releases we are aiming at a first release candidate mid April though
if you look at the quality data below that looks ambitious."

Does this mean F28 may be shipped prior to GCC 8 being formally released?

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a
fact.