On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 08:42:21AM +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> Thanks. I've dropped a comment there. I'm seeing it with openmpi, while
> you've filed it for mpich.

Ah, yes, the same issue with a different package.  You better file a
separate bug report possibly with a reference to the earlier one.
Sorry for the confusion.

> Maybe it's to do with the
> "environment-modules" package that is responsible for setting modules up
> rather than these specific packages?

Tools in "environment-modules" surely provide an easy way to mess things
up and are not written carefully enough ("assume that MANPATH is always
explicitely set", for example, and other possible traps) but I am not
sure how to apportion a blame.

   Michal