On 08/23/2018 09:33 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 08/23/18 21:23, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 08/23/18 20:06, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 08/23/2018 07:42 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 08/23/18 19:00, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Is there some reason this was dropped from Fedora?

I had it up to Fedora 24, and see it was in 25.  I stayed on 24 a bit too long
and
jumped to 28 and no system-config-date, and I do not see it in the Fedora 29
beta.
See my bug report: 1583850

BTW, I am using the Xfce desktop.
Would using timedatectl from the command line be sufficient for you?
No.

We had this discussion on the Fedora users list.

I land in Helsinki, and have to figure out what to put in the command line?

I am in the Michigan Upper peninsula vacationing.  None of the cities are
listed,
but where is the timezone line?  Am I still in Eastern or crossed to Central.
Indiana also spans zones.  Cell phone does help some on this and I can fake it.

I do use the command line on my servers.  See my Centos-arm howto a:

http://www.htt-consult.com/Centos7-armv7.html

But for my notebooks that travel to various parts of the world with me, a GUI is
great improvement over guess work.

I will be testing a F29-arm build perhaps today or tomorrow.  I will try
installing
the F25 noarch rpm and see if it works.

Oh, OK.  I've done quite a bit of travel as well.  When I arrive at my
destination
I'd just set my TZ to a UTC/+- based on what time the hotel clerk told me it
was.  I
grew to hate letter designation for time zones as Taiwan calls theirs CST and
when I
would travel to Minneapolis it would also be CST.  Confused the hell out of some
folks I communicate with.  :-)

I meant to say "set my TZ to a city with a UTC/+- based on what time...".  And
I knew
where I was going to end up so I was prepared before leaving.

Anyway, these days I don't bother changing my laptop's time settings.  I just
leave
it on Taiwan time.  I rely on my mobile phone for the correct local time which
gets
set by the network provider.

Hope the F25 rpm works for you.

It works in F28.  I will test in F29, and now since rawhide is split for F30, I could even test with that.

So there may be some life left in the old code while I work on matters in Xfce.  There is actually old work there, but was dropped as there was an alternative.  Namely system-config-date!