On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 11:19 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:12 AM Kalev Lember <kalevlem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As many of you know, I've been gone half the summer. I'm back now since
> > Monday though and just in time for GNOME 3.30.0 :)
> >
> > We are quite a bit behind with the builds, like half of GNOME is still
> > at 3.28.x or at various stages of 3.29.x snapshots, so there's quite a
> > bit of catching up to do.
> >
> > I just requested a f29-gnome side tag and will be commencing 3.30.0
> > builds shortly. When the builds are done, I'll try to collect all the
> > builds in a single Bodhi megaupdate as usual. Please use 'fedpkg build
> > --target f29-gnome' if you are helping with builds, and I'll pick up
> > anything that is tagged with f29-gnome in koji.
> >
> > Dunno what to do wrt the ongoing freeze and getting final 3.30 in F29
> > Beta, I guess it may be too late for that. Any opinions from QA here?
> >
> > There's also a few 3.30.0 builds already submitted separately into
> > Bodhi. I may try to collect those to the megaupdate as well, not sure
> > yet. Let's see how things go :)
> >

> I'd be *strongly* disinclined to give a Freeze Exception for a GNOME
> mega-update. There's just far too much that could go wrong. Please plan to
> land the mega-update in updates-testing once the Freeze lifts. U-T is
> enabled by default on the Beta, so people will pick it up on their first
> post-install update anyway.

There is no need to wait "for the Freeze [to] lift" to land this or any
update in updates-testing. The freeze applies only to the 'stable'
repository: the freeze prevents packages being moved *from* updates-
testing to 'stable' (without approval via FE/blocker process). Packages
can be submitted to, and land in, updates-testing at any time
throughout the cycle.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey