I am working with Fedora29 on arm, but this is really a long time issue that needs to be addressed.

The ~/.vnc/xstartup file created by vncserver is for gnome.  It does not work for other desktop environments.

There is no documentation (that I have found) on what should be in xstartup for, say Xfce (that I use).  Googling comes up with different recommendations for other repos and it is confusing what to use.

Minimally, the xstartup should have commented lines for other desktops and to indicate that the default is for gnome.

I can put up a bug report on this to ask for this 'enhancement'.

And if anyone can give me the proper xstartup content for Xfce, I would appreciate it.

thanks