On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 04:05:09PM +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> I'd like to clarify some of our criteria which only refer to HTTP and don't
> mention HTTPS. In particular:
>
> "When using a release-blocking dedicated installer image, the installer
> must be able to use either HTTP or FTP repositories (or both) as package
> sources. Release-blocking network install images must default to a valid
> publicly-accessible package source."
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Basic_Release_Criteria#Remote_package_sources
>
> "The installer must be able to download and use an installer update image
> from an HTTP server."
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Basic_Release_Criteria#Update_image
>
> "When using the dedicated installer images, the installer must be able to
> use HTTP, FTP and NFS repositories as package sources."
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_33_Beta_Release_Criteria#Remote_package_sources
>
> I propose to change "HTTP" to "HTTP(S)" in all these cases (including
> footnotes, where applicable).

So, from an infrastructure perspective... we do have http mirrors still.
If you are using a metalink there's not any security problem using http,
although there is a privacy one (anyone sniffing the traffic can see
what you are downloading).

We no longer have/support ftp mirrors in mirrormanager, we dropped them
a while back.

I don't know if this case uses a metalink? Does it?

If we want to keep supporting FTP, we may have to test it locally as
mirrormanager doesn't support it anymore.

kevin