On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 08:16:58PM -0500, David wrote:
> My install of Rawhide went smoothly today.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg08wi8f9abckg1/Photo%20Oct%2003%2C%208%2008%2045%20PM.jpg?dl=0
>

> I see a stable rpm 4.16 replaced the rc-version.    Is that a major
> milestone ?
> Does that mean Rawhide is more stable than it was in previous
> months ?

How long is a string? :)

"stable" is a bit of a fluid concept. Things could very stable for you,
but not for someone else with different hardware or usage patterns.
Rawhide has been shipping release candidate versions of rpm for a while
now, so the move from that to the final release probibly isn't that much
change.

> I tinkered with Krita 5.0 pre-alpha as an appimage, after rebooting,
> and all seems to work pretty good.
>
> Ephemeral web-browser is now in the fc34 branch, but you all do
> know that it ask for a donation.    I only used it for a few minutes and it

That does not seem very nice, but I guess nothing in guidelines against
it.

> seemed to work ok.      Icecat too, is in the fc34 branch, and I
> installed that too.    However, my newbie attempts to learn IceCat
> have been an epic-failure.     I got as far once as the password
> dialogue-box
> in Gmail, but could not get that far in YouTube.   And trying to click on
> one of the popular risque web-sites gave a list of a hundred things that
> needed to be clicked on and I gave up.   IceCat did partially load
> every page I tried.   ( But that is for another topic ).    I can vouch
> that IceCat is not for Linux newbies.   I will try to learn IceCat someday.

I think it's just trying to not load 'non free' javescript, which can
make browsing the modern web a bit difficult.

> Thank you all for your advice, tips, and hard work.

Thanks for your reports and testing. :)

kevin