On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 02:51:49 -0500
David <dlocklea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where does one begin to learn what that menu does without getting too
> deep into
> it all ?     I would be making an assumption that this is a script
> that controls grub or
> a block of grub entries.   Right ?    Are the lines called parameters
> or settings ?

This is the official kernel parameters documentation.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.html

> And this procedure is just used to bypass gdm.    Right ?

No, this is turning selinux enforcement off; it runs, but warns instead
of errors out.  If you look in journalctl -b, you should see the
selinux errors that were causing your problem as warnings during boot.

If you use journalctl -r, you can see any other warnings that selinux
is giving now as well, starting from the present, and receding into the
past.

> Would this allow someone to access my computer without my password ?
>  I did not
> have to enter a password the second time I did this.

This change shouldn't affect that.  Which password are you talking
about?  After the system has booted and you are at the desktop manager
/ greeter (e.g. gdm)?  Maybe it is a temporary rawhide change effect.