[resending due to erroneous subject header]

Hi:

I am enclosing a trivial example of a problem with the
dvired script (or with dvips, or with hyperref).

-------------------
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[dvips]{hyperref}

\begin{document}
Some text.

\pagebreak

More text.

\end{document}
-------------------

Processing this with latex followed by
dvired -o testered.ps teste
one obtains the following error

Running `Other' on `teste' with ``dvired -o testered.ps
teste''
This is dvips(k) 5.86d Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2000.07.03:1422' ->
dvips: both landscape and papersize specified:  ignoring
landscape
<duplong.cfg><texc.pro><special.pro>. [1] [2]

Removing a4paper from the options or removing the dvips
option from the hyperref package invocation clears the
problem but prevents creating *.pdf documents in A4 format
and hyperlinks using the dvi -> ps -> pdf route available if
one uses gs 6.x. If one uses psfrag (which prevents using
pdflatex) I don't know of any free option to obtain such
documents.

Software versions:
-- the latest teTeX beta including
   dvips(k) 5.86d