Hello:

A few minor (and possibly premature) observations, questions and
requests about the current tetex beta:

-- I would like to suggest the inclusion of framed.sty by Donald Arseneau
in teTeX; it's license is ok as far as I can tell and can be found
together with the scarce but adequate documentation at the beginning of
framed.sty. I don't know of an alternative to its capabilities (framed and
shaded backgrounds to text that can continue beyond page breaks) and looks
like the kind of package which although seldom used may become handy to
any LaTeX user sooner or later.
-- shouldn't pdfpages be under $TEXMF/tex/pdlatex instead of
$TEXMF/tex/latex?
-- is $TEXMF/doc/indexnew.html going to be updated or replaced by
something different?
-- if $TEXMF/doc/indexnew.html is going to be updated can its link to
local documentation be somewhere at the top of the page?
-- I have a png antialiased and only slightly larger version of the teTeX
logo used in indexnew.html; it can be obtained from
http://www.math.ist.utl.pt/texmf.local/doc/tetex.png if Thomas or Keith
Refson wish to use it.

--
João Palhoto Matos                     http://www.math.ist.utl.pt/~jmatos