Hi Thomas,

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 10:38:21AM +0200, Thomas Esser wrote:
> I am sorry to announce some bad news about teTeX: there won't be a next
> release. To be more precise: there won't be a next release done by me.

sorry to hear that, we've all gotten spoiled by the ease of
tetex. The elder folks among us remember the times before tetex, and
we remember mostly that we'd like to forget about them. :)
Thanks a lot for all these trouble-free years of texing!

I hope tetex will be picked up and maintained under the same name and
quality. Maybe the whole load of it is too much for one person and
therefore a tetex developer group is needed? If a critical mass is
gathered maybe it has a chance. I could offer infrastructure for
collaborative work (trac/svn etc.).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net