On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Joerg Rambau wrote:

> We found that dvipdfm is the second-best tool after destiller
> (i.e, the best free tool) to produce pdf from latex files without
> changing the source: font embedding works, most ps-pictures work
> out of the box (simply avoid patterns in xfig, e.g.), thumbnails
> work, hyperref works.

Yes - I know it's off-topic - but on behalf of the question of
adding dvipdfm to tetex:

I now managed to install it on SUSE Linux 6.0 (not 6.3).

When I tried compiling the TeX-Source \documentclass[]{seminar}
it said:
"something is wrong - are you sure this is a valid TFM-File?"

Ok, I then removed \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}, as the replies on this list
showed me in one of their scripts - many thanks for your dvipdf script!

It would now compile, but not include ps-graphics because of "unkown
\specials".

Acrobat would not work on the resulting (pictureless) .pdf either:
I have to hit <enter> twice for the next slide to show up, and the same
page is shown twice in slightly different locations.
After switching to full-screen-mode, acrobat won't change slides at all
and won't exit on (<ESC>) any more.

Yes I know, I'm no expert, but nevertheless wanted to give these comments.

By the way: Distiller seems not a free tool, but both distiller and
illustrator are part of the commercial acrobat software, isn't it?
Where did you find distiller as freeware?

Thanks for any comment,
H.Betz