From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:05:55 +0100 (BST)

   Thomas Kartanowicz writes:

    > Several users of dvips 5.86 have noticed that their output does not
    > contain any page numbers wheras in a previous version of dvips,
    > page numbers were present.

   dvips does not add or remove text from pages, page numbers or anything
   else

   the most likely explanation is that it is configured to use A4 paper
   and you have that funny American stuff. thats what "texconfig" is for,...

What I find even more likely is that Mr Kartanowicz has described the
symptom he encountered rather poorly and actually means that he is not
able to navigate through the document in ghostview and the like by
referring to its page numbers.

In which case he would do well to consult the dvips documentation and
set the appropriate document structuring comment options in his
config.ps file, most notably set the K and N options to their desired
value.

David Kastrup                                     Phone: +49-234-32-25570
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Fax: +49-234-32-14209
Institut für Neuroinformatik, Universitätsstr. 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany