+ Mate Wierdl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| So I decided to reinstall teTeX without doing any configuration:
|
| # rm -rf  /usr/local/teTeX/
| # mkdir -p /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf
| # gzip -dc teTeX-texmf-1.0.tar.gz | (umask 0; cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf; tar
|xf -)
| # gzip -dc teTeX-src-1.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -
| # cd teTeX-1.0
| # sh -c './configure >configure.log 2>&1' &
| # sh -c 'make world >world.log 2>&1' &

To me, this indicates that you ran make world without waiting for the
configure run to complete.  If so, it's a miracle the make even got
off the ground, let alone the miracle it would be to have a working
setup afterwords.  And if you did wait, why this convoluted way of
running the commands?

- Harald