> EPM is a free UNIX software/file packaging program that generates
> distribution archives from a list of files. The distributions
> include installation and removal scripts that handle such details
> as diskless client installations and initialization scripts.
>
> EPM can also generate "native" software distributions for Debian,
> HP-UX, IRIX, Red Hat Linux, and Solaris.
>
> ==> http://www.easysw.com/epm/

Well, I need one package format which can be used easily on *all*
platforms that I support. I do not want to provide different "native"
software distributions for teTeX. This is what the UNIX distributions
can do, e.g.  FreeBSD, Irix, Solaris, ... Even commercial UNIX vendors
provide teTeX packed in "their" native package format (in their "freeware"
area), so I do not see any need that I change something.

Thomas