Just another question about pdflatex.

I am trying to include a .tiff image in my document,  according the pdftex-FAQ,
from Radahakrishnan, with no success. I am using
\includegraphics[options]{image.tiff} command and the pdflatex return the
following error:

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .tiff.

I am using the tetex that comes with Linux RedHat 6.1. Is it a problem of the
version of my pdftex? Does anyone know another way to include a tiff image?

Thanks in advance.

Flavio Spolidoro F. Gomes
Tel.: +55 21 519-8619
FAX: +55 21 519-7966

Frank Cornelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> em 2001-04-02 16:39:40

 Para:    Tim Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 cc:      Frank Cornelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
          [EMAIL PROTECTED](bcc: FLAVIO
          SPOLIDORO FERREIRA GOMES SPOL/Embratel)

 Assunto: Re: PDFLATEX & COLORS

> > I'm using the teTeX distribution that comes with RedHat 7.0. But, when I
> > use pdflatex together with the color package I sometimes get half colored
> > pages when I did put the color back to black. Example:
> [...]
> > Some parts of my docs appear in blue when I did
> > ask for black. Has this bug been detected by anyone else? Has is been
> > fixed in later distributions of teTeX?
> > When I use latex followed by dvips then the problem doesn't
> > appear to me. But of course, I _need_ a pdf file.
> > Please don't tell me about ps2pdf. That tool does make
> > my pdf's look bad.

> I can't seem to reproduce this problem.  Do you have an example
> document that exhibits it

You will need the TeTeX version as it comes with RedHat 7.0 i386.
Download:
http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~fcorneli/eduos/download/unstable/i386c.tar.gz
Unpack and do:
     make pdf
Check out the file i386c.pdf, it will contain the error on a few pages.
BTW: You'll also need transfig; an RPM can be found on the second CD of
RedHat 7.0.

When you can't reproduce the error in the PDF I'll put a PDF of mine
online, just let me know. Good luck...

Thanks in advance.

Frank.