> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:11:20PM +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > i used to write my documents on win95 with miktex and winedt. miktex
> > has the ability to put source specials in the dvi file, and yap
> > (miktex's dvi previewer) and winedt are fully equipped to make use of
> > this, so that you can perform forward and inverse searches on the
> > latex and dvi files.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying.  You seem to be talking about
> editing, in which case has nothing to do with TeX/LaTeX or teTeX.

The idea is that you could insert \special{...} commands that
makes it possible to click in xdvi which points out the
corresponding latex code line in emacs, via emacsclient.
This seems to be supported in plain Xdvi version 22.36 or newer
ftp://ftp.math.berkeley.edu/pub/Software/TeX/xdvi.tar.gz
but not in xdvik which is the xdvi version included in teTeX.
I've never used it myself and the only information I've been
able to find is the instructions on how to enable this in
combination with the music typesetting program Lilypond,
http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Point-and-click.html
There's probably something in the source code distribution of
xdvi as well.

> > i always found this very useful, but i haven't been able to find out
> > if teTeX provides the same functionality, and if so, whether i can use
> > it from within emacs. so does it? and can i?

     /Mats