Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

> I have been watching this thread and meant to respond sooner.  Any dvips
> which uses t1part for font subsetting is BROKEN with respect to font
> subsetting.  Use the latest dvips from TeX Live 6.0, which uses the writet1
> module from pdftex to take care of susetting.
>
> There are other bugs in dvips with respect to font subsetting.  In
> particular, one problems is that one cannot (usually) reencode a font
> multiple times and subset the PFB/PFA file sent to dvips.  Tom Rokicki and
> I are aware of this problem and we will work on getting this fixed.
>
> The fonts that Vladimir asked me to look at are OK; the problem is with
> dvips.

I don't seem to be able to find recent versions of dvips on the net. For instance,
dvips does not seem to be
on CTAN anymore. Is there a way around downloading an entire TeX-Live image, if the
only thing one needs is
dvips 5.86d ???

Thanks a lot for your hints,

Berthold

--  Berthold Crysmann  Deutsches Forschungszentrum Kuenstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) GmbH
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
D-66123 Saarbrücken