Le Jeudi 28 Février 2002 02:05, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
> I think that \documentclass[french,slovene, ...]{article}
> together with \selectlanguage{slovene} automatically inserts more
> space after periods. I may be wrong, but how do I force french
> spacing off? I'm using it only because it makes _french_ double
> quotes look better.
>
> Thanks,
> andrej
First I think that you should ask on comp.text.tex.

I fail to understand how, when slovene is the selected language, french could
decide something about spacing.

I think that more space after period is the american way of typesetting. This
is not true in French typography.

This setting is certainly chosen by the babel-slovene package. You could try
\frenchspacing which (Lamport says) suppresses extra space after punctuation.
But this is a fragile command (possible problems with moving arguments).

Hope I helped a little.

--
Y. Henel, TeXnicien de surface.