Hi,

No doubt this is an FAQ somewhere, but if I use the '-Ppdf' option when
dvips-ing TETEXDOC.dvi, the 'fi' ligatures turn into English pound
symbols.  Further processing of the PS file with gs's ps2pdf doesn't
help.  Using the '-Pcmz' option avoids this problem.  Perhaps I have
misunderstood the reason for using '-Ppdf': should it be used only if
one intends to immediately distill the PS file with Adobe's Acrobat
distiller program? (Since I don't have this program, I can't test
whether the resulting PDF file would be OK.)

Thanks,
Ch. Pinon