Dear Thomas:
If I try to compile the www library in a linux (redhat-8.0) system,
there is a header that is missing. I added an
#include <netdb.h>
at the beginning of HTDNS.h and everything worked fine. Otherwise,
there are missing externals (hostent). [OK, I guess the standard
addition should be something like:
#ifdef linux
#include <netdb.h>
#endif
but you know that much better than I do.]
I do not know if other people will have the same problem, but my
installation is pretty standard. Perhaps it has not been detected if
people use an already installed libwww. I like to compile my own TeX
and have its binaries independent of redhat's supplied libs.
Best regads,
Ricard
--
Ricard Torres
Faculty of Economics and Business  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]