On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Stig Junge wrote:

> I wonder if there is a bug in M-Tx. I want to make an xtuplet starting with a rest
>and then 5 notes. According to the PMX-manual that should be possible. I´ve extracted
>the bar in the code below, and it produces an error when processed. When I replace
>the rest in the first xtuplet with a normal note, it processes without any errors.
>Does anyone have an explanation or a suggestion?
>
> Piano: Voices RH1,RH2 LH1,LH2; Continuo; Clefs G F
> Style: Piano
> Flats: 1
> Meter: 3/8
> %Pages: 1
>

> % 1
>    [ r8x6n e+ d c bn a ] [ g8x6n c b a g f ] [ e8x6n a g f e d ] |
>    rb4d |
>    rb4d |
>    c1- ? ze zc+ ? [ g1 zg+ c- ze g- zg+ c- ze g- zg+ ] |

I made two alterations to the code:
1) I exchanged Piano by another name, not predefined and added
 Systems: 1 Pages: 1
2) rb4d was changed to the normal order r4db.
Then M-Tx (I use the option to suppress warnings) produced a normal
pmx and eventually a dvi-file which shows the expected typeset.
Therefore, there is no bug in M-Tx.
I did not experiment which unusual coding produced the error, however,
I justed changed to my customary code. The [ ] are unnecessary.

Christof