Hi folks,

When trying to have a look at Don's recently posted PMX score, I got the
error below. This seems to be a version problem, as the indicated Ap
option isn't in my current documentation. If I erase it, it starts
giving me trouble with slur markings. I haven't installed any of the PS
slur packages and haven't really followed the whole slur discussion very
carefully. I can't download the recently released 2.4 just now;
unfortunately the web site seems to be down.

I currently have PMX 2.3 (and MusiXTeX T.104). What will I need to
install to get myself up to speed, just the new PMX 2.4? Will it really
be necessary to install the PS slurs? I'm willing to if it's relatively
simple, but don't see why I should have to if I find any reason to avoid
them (not to belittle all the hard work that has gone into them).

Thanks for the hint,
Mike

----------------
 This is pmxab, version 2.3, 19 February 2001
 Opening dussek.pmx

 Starting first PMX pass

 ERROR in line 6, bar 0 The only legal entries after "A" are
"r,s,b,a,i,I,d,o"
 Abepi1.05
    ^
1
Press any key to continue . . .
-----------------

> Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote
>
> > Has anybody a couple of hours to waste for a test, to convince me
> > how PMX is more efficient than MusiXTeX ?
> >
> > Just typeset the first two pages of Dussek's sonata op.35#3, present
> > on our Archive, so that it still fits on only *two* pages.
> > (The MusiXTeX source is also available)
> >

> Only had one hour so I just did one page.  I didn't do the
> fine editing, and
> this does expose some "issues" with the postscript slurs.
> But there's no
> problem with the vertical spacing.

http://www.geocities.com/pchpublish/dussek.pdf

http://www.geocities.com/pchpublish/dussekpmx.txt [renamed because
geocities
doesn't think *.pmx files are worthy of being uploaded :-( ]

Were you unaware of the "Ae" option?

--Don Simons