On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Christof Biebricher wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Bernhard Lang wrote:
>

> > Further observation: unzipping the just downloaded pmx2401.zip I get
> >
> > > unzip -a pmx2401
> > Archive:  pmx2401
> >   End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
> >   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
> >   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
> >   the last disk(s) of this archive.
> I downloaded pmx2401.zip; it is oK, both in Linux and in Windows.
> Could it be that your downloading protocol loaded it as an ASCII-file
> instead of a binary? The message sounds like that.

Very strange. I can't imagine what happened there. For sure I didn't
download it as ascii since unzip managed to decompress the file although
it complained. Downloading as ascii would have totally scrambled the
file's content. (Furthermore I don't remember having changed netscape's
settings :-(.

But many thanks for testing my input file.

regards
  Bernhard