Christian Mondrup wrote:
> Dear all
>
> The GMD music archive still hosted at its original address,
> http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/ will be withdrawn in near future. The
> archive at that address reflects the state of the GMD archive at the
> death of its founder, Werner Icking.
>
> Those of you who want to download stuff for saving from the original GMD
> archive should do so as soon as possible.

On the proposal of a list subscriber I have prepared a so called ISO
image of the original GMD music archive ready for burning to a CD. While
in the GMD music archive all scores were stored twice (as plain and
compressed postscript files) I've chosen to remove the redundant plain
postscript files in order to minimize the size of the CD image so that
it is now 'only' 276 MB.

The image file, http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/GMD-Music.iso is
linked to from the main web index of the Icking Archive.

With the withdrawal of the GMD archive there'll be (currently) no
on-line access to the archive of the mailing list 'mutex', the
predecessor of the TeX-music list. But the mutex archive is contained
within the CD image. Hopefully 'someone' comes up with a method of
integrating the mutex archive into the archive of the current list.

Best regards
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus