Hi!

I want to install MusiXTeX on Linux including the
recommended "musixps-unix" and I shall follow
the "3. INSTALLATION" chapter in musixps-unix README.

But what is "config.xxx" ? I have about 20 "config.xxx"
in "/usr/share/texmf". And the script "updmap" doesn't
exist:

 + 3. INSTALLATION
 +
 +   1) Make a directory such as $TEXMF/fonts/type1/musixtex, for PFBs.
 +   2) Copy all PFBs to the above directory; they should be readable by all users.
 +   3) Copy the map file ./dvips/musix.map to the appropriate directory, such as
 +      $TEXMF/dvips/config
 +   4) Add a line
 +
 +       p +musix.map
 +
 +      to a suitable config.xxx file or, in a tetex-based distribution, add
                      ^^^^^^^^^^
 +      musix.map to the list of map files for Type1 fonts with Metafont
 +      equivalents in the updmap script, which should then be executed
 +      by doing "./updmap".
 +   5) Copy the map file ./dvipdfm/musix.map to the appropriate directory, such as
 +      $TEXMF/dvipdfm/config
 +   6) Add a line
 +
 +       f musix.map
 +
 +      to the config file.
               ^^^^^
 +   7) Do mktexlsr or texhash or whatever is necessary on your system to
 +      re-generate the TeX database.
 +
 + When these fonts are used, type 1 fonts should also be used for non-music text;
 + for example, type 1 versions of the Computer Modern fonts are available.

Could anybody help me ?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY ([EMAIL PROTECTED])