Bernhard Lang wrote

> A message "Program error in fnote, send source to Dr. Don" missleaded me
> for a minute until i realised that i'd just forgotten to put a meter
> change. But maybe this tells you something else hidden behind the sceene.
> Here's the extract giving the same error message.
>
> ---
> 1 1 4 4 0 6 0 -1
> 0 7 16 0.1

> ./
> g92 of Rd /
> ---

PMX handles the last bar of a piece somewhat differently than the rest, and
that's probably the reason for this rather strange looking message.  I've
gotten it myself once in a while. I don't think it's a symptom of any deeper
issues, but thanks for pointing it out.  Hey, at least there is some sort of
error message :-)

> And a question concerning the limitation of 12 voices: I'd like to type a
> piece with 14 voices where 2 x 4 vocal voices could be packed together in
> 2 x 2 lines (four choirs, voices: BC + 4 + 4 + 3 + 2 ==> lines: BC + 2 + 2
> + 3 + 2). With musixtex or pmx plus inline tex it workes, but it is
> awfully tiresome. Is there another limitation on the number of voices
> inside pmx, else than musixtex' limitation?

I think that upping the max number of lines of music (which you call voices)
in PMX would be a very big job and not one I care to tackle. You are welcome
to try changing "nm=12" to "nm=14" everywhere in the source and then
recompiling it, but be ready for problems when you try to run it. And I
can't even remember what the MusiXTeX issues are.

--Don