Cornelius C. Noack wrote

> when looking for some more examples with which to augment the
> already-wonderful manual by Luigi, I came across a new problem
> (new to me at least): PMX doesn't seem to like stave-jumping beams
> across bar limits.

Well, AFAIK PMX can't do *any* beams across bar lines, staff-jumping or not,
so this doesn't surprise me. I suspect it would be lots of work to enable
this. Unlike slurs, beams have to know where they are going to end, and
everything in between, before they begin (in order to set the direction,
height and slope). PMX does most of its work one bar at a time. It usually
will not have ready access to the necessary information from the following
bar to make these calculations. I'll give it some more thought, but I'm
afraid for the time being you'll have to use inline TeX to deal with these
situations.

--Don