Aloha,

Matthieu Quignard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] writes:
> I would like to typeset two instrument parts without
> beat-alignment and with very long bar.

Just an idea; I don't know if this works:

Insert bar rules at feasible breakpoints, but use \hidebarrule to
prohibit displaying. Then use \Showbarrule for those bar rules that
are real and that should appear in the score.

HTH,
Arjen Bax

--
Arjen Bax | CMG Noord-Nederland B.V. | Postbus 70237 | 9704 AE Groningen
| Eemsgolaan 1 | 9727 DW Groningen | The Netherlands | ICQ # 171090809 |